Who should attend?:
Assessors must be certified to use the Switch Access Measure. A two-day training course and an on-line module have been developed, and must be completed successfully to achieve certification. The on-line module includes the satisfactory assessment of four Switch Access Measure videos, and completion of a plan for an assessment. The certification process must be completed within three months of completing the two-day training course.
Switch Access Measure certification training is open to participants who have experience at working with people living with disability who need to use switches to access assistive technology, including:
- occupational therapists, speech pathologists and educators working in
- community-based paediatric and adult sector rehabilitation settings working with clients using switching technology
- hospital-based paediatric and adult sector acute inpatient and rehabilitation settings working with clients living with high level physical disability.
- educators working in special education and mainstream settings with students using switching technology
- researchers working in the field of disability and assistive technologies (computer access technologies; alternative and augmentative communication (AAC); environmental control systems).
Benefits of attending:
By successfully completing the certification training, you will gain a unique insight and understanding of the Switch Access Measure, including:
- the intended use and clinical rationale of the Switch Access Measure
- the development process and fundamental psychometric properties
- the Switch Access Measure manual
- assessment session set up, videoing and administration protocols
- the Switch Access Measure rating scale criteria
- using the findings from the Switch Access Measure to guide goal-setting, clinical reasoning, interventions and funding applications.
When and where is the next Switch Access Measure training course?
The next SAM training course will be conducted online on Thursday, 29 April 2021 from 4.30pm (ACST). Contact the Novita Customer Experience Team on 1300 668 482 or complete the SAM enquiry form online for more details or book online now.
The training course will consist of 8 x 2hour sessions utilising a stable and secure platform called Webex Meetings. Each session will be recorded and uploaded to a Learning Platform that we have set-up for Assessment and Certification for review by the participant at any time.
A comprehensive Course Reference Book will be sent out prior to Session 1.
How many people can participate in a workshop?
Switch Access Measure training is available for individuals and groups of up to 10 people.
Is online support available should I experience any issues?
IT support is available online throughout the training course. We will also conduct a test session with each participant before Session 1. This is necessary to test internet connection, computer setup, internet reliability, and bandwidth.
Can I host a Switch Access Measure workshop at my organisation?
We welcome local, national, and international enquiries to run the Switch Access Measure training course at your organisation. You can request to host a workshop via the online SAM enquiry form.
What is the cancellations and refunds policy?
Training course cancellations advised four weeks prior to the course will receive a registration fee refund minus $100. Cancellations less than two weeks prior to the course will not receive a refund.
Request a workshop:
Phone: 1300 668 482