Weighted toys can be soothing and calming to those seeking additional sensory input, particularly those on the autism spectrum.
Weighted products may be suggested by an Occupational Therapist as part of a sensory diet to assist with sensory regulation to focus on a task, relaxation and to calm down ready to sleep.
Sensory Matters Weighted Animals are filled with Poly Pellets and this design have a removable and secure double stitched / double layered weighted insert, which can be machine washed.
Alongside the benefit of the 1.5kg (Polly Pellets) or 2kg 2.0kg/2.5kg (mixed poly and stainless steel pellets) of weight, there is also the extra sensory input of the lusciously soft fabric as well as the fact that they don’t look ‘clinical’… they are just regular looking soft toys.
These gorgeous Weighted Animals can be very helpful in the classroom/kinder or child care facilities, and are used regularly by those with SPD, ASD, ADHD and anxiety. They are seriously so soft and loveable!
- App: Height 11 Inch
- Colours may vary Slightly
- Sold as a Single
- Spot clean with a damp cloth where necessary. DO NOT put in the dryer or the microwave.
- Please ensure you regularly inspect for any damage to the animal.
- Please consult with your therapist before starting any type of weighted therapy.
- Not suitable for children under 3 years
- Weighted Animals 1.5 Kg – Polly Pellets, 2 Kg – Mixed Poly and Stainless Steel Pellets, 2.5 Kg – Mixed Poly and Stainless Steel Pellets